Cheesecake a la Kim
Cheesecake a la Kim
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease bottom of springform pan. Then line the pan with a circle of parchment paper to fit the bottom. You will need mixer and a food processor for this recipe.
1 package Bischoff cookies
8 Tablespoons butter, melted
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Juice from ½ fresh lemon
4 farm fresh eggs, at room temperature
¾ jar of fruit preserves, flavor of your choice
2 pints fresh fruit, usually mixture of berries works best
1 teaspoon corn starch
- To make the crust, grind the cookies in a food processor until crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the cookie crumbs in the food processor and grind crumbs and melted butter together until well combined.
- Press crust mixture into bottom of springform pan and bake at 325 oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and let cool at least 10 minutes before pouring in batter.
- To make the batter, cream the cream cheese with mixer until smooth, soft and creamy.
- Add the sugar to the cream cheese and mix again until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared and cooled crust.
- Place a pan of hot water in the bottom of the oven for moisture during baking.
- Bake in 325 oven for 50 minutes, or until starts to get golden on top. It is okay if the cake cracks on top. The topping will cover up any cracks.
- After baking process is completed, turn the oven off, but leave the cake in the cooling over for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- For topping, heat preserves in microwave for 15-20 seconds or on stove top to soften.
- Stir corn starch into warmed preserves.
- Remove ring from springform pan and then spread preserve mixture on top of cooled cheesecake.
- Arrange fresh fruit across top of preserves.
- Remove pan bottom carefully, using the parchment paper to help move the cake, and then serve and enjoy!