Chocolatey Coco Muffins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Spray muffin pan with cooking spray
1 cup uncooked oats
1 cup (just shy of 1 cup) milk
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
1 farm fresh or brown egg
1 cup flour
¼ cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 Hershey chocolate bars, crumbled
- Place oats into a small bowl.
- Combine lemon juice with milk to create “sour” milk.
- Pour sour milk mixture over the oats to soften.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter and egg until fluffy.
- Pour softened oats into mixing with sugar/butter/egg and mix.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until well blended.
- Fold crumbled chocolate bars into muffin batter.
- Fill sprayed muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffins comes out clean.
- Let cool on baking rack for a few minutes, then remove from pan and allow to completely cool. Any that are left (there won’t be many) can be stored once completely cooled.