Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease and flour tube or Bundt pan
2 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 diced ripe bananas
3 eggs, beaten together well with a fork (brown or farm fresh eggs)
8 oz. can crushed pineapple
1 ½ cups canola oil
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl combine the banana and crushed pineapple. Mash the fruits together with a potato masher.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients, eggs, oil and vanilla, to the fruit mixture and combine.
- Then stir the dry and wet ingredients together well by hand, but do NOT beat with a mixer.
- Pour into prepared tube pan and bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let baked cake cook in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Then place the serving plate on top of the pan and flip the serving plate to the bottom and, ideally, the cake will come right out of the pan.
- Can serve as is or with optional glaze drizzled over the top of the cake after it has cooled completely.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all glaze ingredients and stir until smooth with a wire whip.
- Drizzle over the top of cooled cake.