Kanalkakor (Swedish Cinnamon Cookies)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease and flour cookie sheet or line with parchment paper
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, farm fresh or brown egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon (rounded tsp, a little more than just 1 tsp)
Walnuts, finely chopped - optional
- Cream butter in large mixing bowl.
- When butter is soft and smooth, add sugar and mix with mixer.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix with mixer until well blended.
- Chill cookie dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough into balls about the size of a walnut. I use a melon baller to scoop out the dough and then use hands to round out the scoop into a ball.
- Roll each ball into cinnamon sugar mixture (optional can add finely chopped walnuts to the cinnamon sugar mixture).
- Place cookie dough balls, after rolled in cinnamon sugar, onto prepared cookie sheet, spacing out the dough balls with room to spread as they bake.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes in 350 degree oven.