Mixed Berry Coulis
The coulis will be cooked in a medium sized saucepan
1 cup raspberries
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 cup blueberries or blackberries
½ teaspoon orange zest
¼ cup sugar
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoons orange juice or Grand Marnier (add after cooking)
- Combine all ingredients, except orange juice or Grant Marnier, in a medium saucepan
- Bring to a boil and then lower temperature and simmer an additional 7-8 minutes until fruit is cooked down.
- Let fruit mixture cool slightly, then puree with a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Strain pureed fruit mixture through a sieve.
- Stir in orange juice or Grand Marnier
- Let cool slightly before drizzling over torte. Refrigerate any remaining coulis.