Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Grease bottom of a springform pan. Then line the pan with a circle of parchment paper to fit the bottom and spray the parchment with baking spray.
¾ cup almond flour
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
4 ½ Tablespoons almond butter
4 eggs, separated
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 teaspoons dark rum
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Tablespoons cream
- Lightly toss together the almond flour, powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and 2/3 cup sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add the almond butter to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time as beating the butter, sugar and almond butter mixture.
- In a third bowl, melt the chocolate on a double boiler or in the microwave oven and then stir in the rum, vanilla and cream.
- Beat the melted chocolate mixture into the butter/sugar mixture until completely incorporated.
- Fold by hand the almond flour/powdered sugar/cocoa into the batter until entirely incorporated.
- Whip the egg whites in a separate mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Very gently fold the whipped egg whites into the batter until completely mixed and no white streaks remain.
- Pour into spring form pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Then turn the oven down to 325 and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- This is best served the next day after baking. Drizzle with Mixed Fruit Coulis for a beautiful presentation!